Willow Point Store

The Willow Point Store was built and opened in 1912 by one of the areas pioneer residents Mr. C.W. West.

Willow Point Store pre 1954 Fred Heddle collection

Willow Point Store pre 1954
Fred Heddle collection

 

The store burnt down in 1954 when it was owned by Gilbert and Gladys Palmer.

Fire destroys the Willow Point Store Nelson Daily News article-Nov. 12, 1954 P.Ormond files

Fire destroys the Willow Point Store
Nelson Daily News article-Nov. 12, 1954
P.Ormond files

 

The store was re-built after the fire. This building still stands and is now The Willow Point Beach House Bed and Breakfast.

Willow Point Beach House B&B 2014

Willow Point Beach House B&B 2014

Advertisements